Sculptology has long been dedicated to the health and wellness of both men and women in the Bay Area. We are excited to offer whole-body electric Cryotherapy at our Lafayette Location and encourage you to take advantage of this fantastic technology and freeze yourself to improved health and wellness. If you’re coming in for a freeze session at Sculptology, you should be prepared, so here are some things you should NOT do before Cryotherapy.
What is Cryotherapy?
First things first. What is cryotherapy? Cryotherapy at Sculptology works by stimulating the body’s natural healing process. When exposed to cold temperatures, the body redirects blood flow away from the extremities and toward the core, increasing blood circulation and removing toxins and metabolic waste products from the bloodstream. The triggered release of endorphins also helps to reduce pain and inflammation. There are genuinely countless benefits to whole-body cryotherapy.
What Should You Not Do Before Cryotherapy?
- Don’t Skip the Water! Whether you’re planning on undergoing whole-body cryotherapy or localized cryotherapy, it’s important that you drink plenty of water before your treatment. That’s because cryotherapy can dehydrate your body, so it’s important to replenish those fluids beforehand. Experts recommend drinking at least 8 ounces of water every hour you’re awake in the hours leading up to your treatment.
- Don’t eat a big meal right before going into the chamber. A full stomach can be uncomfortable when relaxing in a cold environment, and the extreme cold slows the digestive process. If you’re hungry, eat something light, like a piece of fruit or a yogurt, an hour or two before your session.
- Don’t drink alcohol. We know, we know. It’s tempting to want to have a glass of wine or a beer before your appointment to help you relax. But trust us. You will want to avoid alcohol before cryotherapy. Alcohol dilates blood vessels and can make you more sensitive to cold temperatures. It can also dehydrate you, which is the last thing you want before cryotherapy.
- Don’t shave! Shaving can irritate your skin, making it more sensitive to the extreme cold of the cryotherapy chamber. If you must shave, do it a few hours before your treatment and avoid any areas exposed to the cold, like your legs or arms.
- Avoid lotions, oils, or other products on your skin. These can act as a barrier between your skin and the cold air, making it harder for cryotherapy to work effectively. If you have dry skin, hydrate thoroughly before your treatment. Likewise, be sure to arrive makeup-free. Wearing makeup can clog your pores and make it more difficult for the cryotherapy chamber to work magic.
Whole Body Electric Cryotherapy at Sculptology
Curious to know more? Contact our experienced team to learn how cryotherapy sessions at Sculptology can help you yield amazing physical, cosmetic, and mental health advantages… in three minutes. See us for a complimentary consultation at our beautiful Lafayette location, and we’ll craft a custom treatment plan for your wellness needs. Call us at 925-329-6333, fill out our contact form, or check us out on Facebook or Instagram.
Sculptology is a distinguished name in medical aesthetics, renowned for its comprehensive approach to non-invasive body contouring. As the #1 CoolSculpting provider in California and one of the top 5 practices in the nation, Sculptology is the go-to destination for those seeking to redefine and sculpt their bodies without the need for invasive procedures.
Founded by certified CoolSculpting master Lauren Morgan and the passionate Dr. Alejandro Arnez, Sculptology operates on honesty, transparency, and commitment to providing the right solution for each client’s aesthetic needs. Every team member, from the front desk to the treatment room, carries forward this dedication to client well-being and satisfaction.
Our practice boasts two welcoming and upscale clinics in Lafayette and Pleasanton, California. Each location emanates a warm, inviting atmosphere, offering cutting-edge technology and experienced staff, putting client safety and comfort at the forefront.
At Sculptology, we don’t just stop at CoolSculpting. We provide an array of innovative services to our clients. This includes Glacial RX, a cutting-edge treatment for skin pigmentation and rejuvenation, Cryotherapy for aiding recovery and improving overall health, Infrared Halo Sauna for detoxification and relaxation, and Red Light Therapy for skin rejuvenation and healing.
But we aren’t all about body aesthetics. At Sculptology, we believe in enriching the body, mind, and soul. We manifest this belief through our initiative, Sculptology Life, dedicated to giving back to our community and promoting a holistic approach to a healthy and fulfilled lifestyle.
Frequently Asked Questions about Sculptology
Q: What is Sculptology?
A: Sculptology is an industry-leading Medical Aesthetic practice specializing in Non-Invasive Body Contouring. They offer a comprehensive approach to aesthetic goals, with services including CoolSculpting, Glacial RX, Cryotherapy, Infrared Halo Sauna, and Red Light Therapy.
Q: What is the primary treatment that Sculptology offers?
A: Sculptology specializes in CoolSculpting treatments. They are California’s #1 CoolSculpting Provider and a top 5 practice nationwide.
Q: What is Sculptology’s approach to aesthetic treatment?
A: Sculptology believes in a comprehensive, customer-centric approach. They believe in honesty and transparency and ensure clients are recommended the right solution to their aesthetic needs.
Q: Who founded Sculptology?
A: Sculptology was co-founded by Lauren Morgan, a certified CoolSculpting master, and Dr. Alejandro Arnez, a dedicated MD passionate about aesthetics and wellness.
Q: What other services does Sculptology provide?
A: Besides CoolSculpting, Sculptology offers other services like Glacial RX, Cryotherapy, Infrared Halo Sauna, and Red Light Therapy.
Q: What is Sculptology Life?
A: Sculptology Life is an initiative by Sculptology to give back to the community. It promotes a holistic approach to a healthy and fulfilled lifestyle by enriching the body, mind, and soul.
Q: What kind of experience does the Sculptology staff have?
A: Sculptology prides itself on having experienced staff members, including certified CoolSculpting professionals and a Medical Director. All staff have several years of experience in their respective fields.
Q: How does Sculptology ensure the quality of its services?
A: Sculptology focuses on providing a modern upscale environment accessible to everyone, promising transparency, fair practice, and inclusivity.